Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pocket Page Problem


I discovered that I have one huge problem with pocket page scrapbooking. It's visually too cluttered for me.  I like white space on my pages and I use idea books or sketches to make myself mix patterns.  Even without embellishments or journaling my pocket pages seem "too busy" visually.

It got worse when I put the pages in an album and realized that you can see through the clear borders around the pockets. This is so distracting that I won't continue my hybrid plan until I find a way to make the pages less "busy".

If you are a pocket page scrapbooker, please help, tell me if you:


  1. Don't see any clutter (you're wondering what I'm writing about)
  2. Notice but don't care (you like the ease or speed of this style so it's worth it)
  3. Have found a solution for the clutter (Please Share Your Solution)

Thank you for your help, Karen

3 comments:

  1. HI - I know what you're saying. I don't do 'straight' Project Life pages because it's too much for me, visually, as well. I like to have a big 12x12 or 8x8 page in between, but it's a huge time saver to use the pocket pages for lots of photos or to just do many pages quickly. In the pages above, I'd suggest maybe using cards with less colors. The pink throws me off and distracts from the photos, which are the most important. The colors do coordinate, but just seem busy. As someone else said on the Facebook page, I also sometimes do digital pocket pages, which print out as a single page and you don't have the transparent page issue. Just print out your 12x12 and slip in a page protector. You can see a couple of these on my blog/gallery page sort of near the top of the gallery here: http://scraproomsoftware.com/galleries/blaynes-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the pics are busy and the cards pushed made it worse. I was trying to use the cards because I had bought them thinking this would be a way to get a few years caught up somewhat quickly. Unfortunately it's like when you're determined to make a layout using a specific embellishment and it ruins the page. I'm leaning towards using the cards sparingly. Thank you for referencing your blog. I gave it a quick look and I'll go back when I have some time to really look at some past posts.

      Delete