Monday, March 7, 2016

Easy Easter Card Layout

Make It Monday

In honor of my blogs 4 month birthday this weekend, I'm adding a new feature, Make It Monday.  I hope to have this every week but like the Friday Featured Product it might not always happen.

Since this month is Stampaganza, I'm going to use stamps in each Monday's project this month.

Here is a very simple Easter Card using CTMH's Spring Critters stamp.

Directions are for a 4.25wx5.5h card but easy to enlarge and have more space around the bunny.

  1. White Card Base 4.25x5.5
  2. Two coordinating pieces of paper, I used prints from CTMH's Penelope Paper Packet
  3. Top piece measures 4.25x2.5
  4. Bottom piece measures 4.25x3
  5. Glue the 2 pieces to the card base and cover the seam with your choice of ribbon, washii tape, or Shimmer Trim
  6. Cut a 2.5x2.5 square of white cardstock
  7. Turn it diagonal and stamp image. After it dries color it with your favorite coloring tool.  For this one I used Pastel Chalk Pencils.
  8. Cut a coordinating color of cardstock in a 2.75x2.75 square.
  9. Mount stamped image on cardstock and mount the whole thing on the strip of ribbon, washii tape or Shimmer Trim.
I will add some sequins or glitter dots to this later. I usually add these details once I know who the recipient will be. Depends on if the card needs mailed and if I think it will end up in the trash quickly.

Happy Crafting, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment