Monday, November 14, 2016

Scrapbook Layout for School Portraits

Make It Monday

School Photo Layout

Here's what I did with my son's school photos that I rescued from an old album.

The album did not use acid free paper and worse the page protectors weren't PVC free. People don't talk about PVC free much anymore because most companies are making their items PVC free. Thirty years ago when I made my son's album, I hadn't heard of PVC or acid free.

Sadly, I noticed the pictures were fading. Then 20 years ago the scrapbook industry was booming and acid and PVC free were huge topics. I realized these were probably causing my son's fading photos and took the pictures out of the album. I used photo corners so the pictures came out easily.

Fast forward 20 years and I'm finally making new pages to put into his album. I've also replaced all the page protectors with PVC free.

I originally made the album using a notebook so it holds 8.5x11 inch pages. I wanted my pages to each be different but have the same basic layout. I used CTMH's Memo and Enchantment Fundamentals papers. I also used both the School K-6 and 7-12 complements. For the mattes, I used coordinating Enchantment cardstock. You could use any coordinating papers to get the same idea. For my daughter, I plan on using the Adventure Fundamentals but I'll use my Cricut to make my own embellishments.

The pages are fairly simple. I wanted to get the project done in a short amount of time but still look nice. Also, this was my first time layering embellishments and so I kept them simple too.  He's a grown adult now. He's not going to want anything that looks cutesy. I think he'll like this.

You can find more of the pages on my pinterest board Pages With Heart. Hop on over and take a look, maybe you'll be inspired to make an album for each of your children's school photos.

Happy Crafting, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment