Thursday, November 10, 2016

How I Tackled A Pocket Page Problem

In my previous post Taking The Plunge, I planned to start pocket page scrapbooking in the hopes of getting pages completed more quickly. After attempting to scrapbook a few family events with this type of scrapbook layouts, I was frustrated. I hated the way the pages looked. They seemed so cluttered with all the different colors showing through. Click Pocket Page Problem to see my example.

Left Page of layout
I received some helpful advice in the comments to my Pocket Page Problem. I also asked my scrapbooking friends what they do. I decided to try it again but this time I used my original plan of mixing the two types of pages together in one layout. I used a regular two page layout, then placed the pocket pages between the pages of the layout. I like how these turned out. They would be even better if I had planned them so that the pocket pages were more integrated into the layout. I'll try that next time.

Left Page with the Pocket Page On Top
When I did the first page I was planning on using a 12x12 only which is why I didn't coordinate all of it to look like one layout regardless of which side the pockets were turned. By the time I did the second 12x12 layout, I had decided to go with the 6x12 pocket page protector from CTMH. So this side looks like the pocket page is part of the layout.


Right Page with the Pocket Page On Top

Right Page of Two Page Layout



Notes about my layouts: Everything you see is a CTMH product. However, this paper kit has expired. I have clearly not finished the layout, the card needs journaling and I originally planned this to be a layout without pocket pages so I left a big area on the right page for journaling. Since I'll journal on the card, I'll add some small pictures on the right page. I don't remember where I got the idea for this layout but I know it's not mine. I'm a HUGE scraplifter.

In my previous post, I used the term hybrid when I mentioned mixing up my pages. I realized that most scrapbookers use that term for pages that are a combination of digital and paper/embellishments. So I've decided to label this combined page style Mixed Pages Scrapbooking.

I hope you'll join me in mixing up your pages and post them here in the comments.
Happy Scrapping, Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment