Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mix It Up

In 2007, I made a vacation scrapbook that was a mix of full page layouts and 4x6 pocket pages.  It was a great way to scrap about 1000 pictures from a trip in a reasonable amount of time. I've always wanted to do more albums using this hybrid technique.

In the past few years, the variety of pocket page protectors has grown with the popularity of pocket page scrapbooking.  My interest in trying hybrid albums kept growing and I started collecting some of the cards and page protectors.  Last month, I couldn't resist the new cards that CTMH had and thought I'd use them in my journal.  Silly idea because I don't like making mini-albums so now it's time to take the plunge.

From www.paperclipping.com
I've barely started my 2015 pics so I decided to make a hybrid album for last year.  I'm going to mix my usual 2 page layouts with pocket pages.  Some layouts will be only full page spreads, some will be only pocket pages, and some will be a combo.  I'm really excited to get started but I'm one of those people that has to research things before I jump in.  I found a post from Noell Hyman at paperclipping.com.  She shows how to mix up different pocket pages with full page layouts. She even uses different size pages in her books.

Noell has inspired me to get my hybrid album going and try to get through a whole year in less than my usual 2 or 3 years. Really, should scrapping the memories take longer than actually living them?

I love comments and would especially love to hear from anyone that's already making mixed page type albums. You're welcome to leave info about your paper crafting blogs or Facebook pages too. Happy paper crafting, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment