Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Scrapbook Journaling Using My New CTMH Planner

It's so pretty, I had to have one but I don't use planners! 

You may have seen me tweet that I don't use planners but I really liked how pretty the CTMH Planner is so I thought I could use it for a journalI finally had time to open mine and it's perfect for a journal.  The month view will show all our special events.  I'll also jot down some regular events like Girl Scout meetings and swim lessons that I want to remember and document in my scrapbooks.

On the weekly pages there is just enough space for me to write a short journal entry.  I may not journal every day but I'll be ahead of what I do now.  Later I can match photo dates to the journal entries.


I've started by putting in family birthdays for the year, adding in scouts and swim for the next few months to the monthly calendar pages.  I wanted to use the really fine point Sharpies so I could write small but wondered if they would bleed through the page.  Warning: they do.  The lighter colors are okay but the black shows on the other side just enough to annoy me.  I tried a purple Sakura Micron and it doesn't show through but I don't have a black to compare. I might use colored pencils and keep them sharp.  Then I can use colors, no bleed through and I can erase if I need to. 

I also bought the picture my life pocket pages so I'll be able to put photos right into the monthly pages.  I'm kind of questioning if I'm going to like that part because I don't really like using mini-albums.  Clearly this is going to be a work in progress so I'll see after a couple of months whether I want to use them or not.

Happy Journaling, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment