Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Scrapbooking Layout Challenge

Do you ever see those challenges where you have to make a layout using a specific item, sketch or topic?


The strips are an inch tall.  These are old Sticko stickers.
They intrigue me but I don't feel creative enough to participate and I don't want to put that stress on myself.  Not because I'm competitive and need to win but because I'm afraid to be compared to other entries.

Instead I Challenge Myself

I give myself challenges to make pages using a specific product or tool.  I like to do this with my older supplies or tools.  It's a great way to use up old stash.

It's satisfying to meet my own challenges and I get the bonus of saving some cash by shopping my stash.  They might not be my favorite layout but they usually make me think outside the box.

Recently, my challenge was some small fireman themed stickers on a layout about a visit to a fire station.  After I finished, a friend gave me a great compliment.  She told me she thought I'd never pull off decent pages using those "old style" stickers and she was surprised they actually looked good.
I also added in a layered laser die cut that was newer.

Give yourself a challenge and leave a comment letting us know where we can see your personal challenge layouts, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment