Saturday, January 16, 2016

Why Do We Scrapbook

Hi everybody I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted. I started this blog talking about my original scrapbooks. If you remember there were no photos in my first scrapbook and in my second scrapbook I thought I was being bold combining photos with my memorabilia. Times have changed and when we talk about scrapbooking we are talking about photos, journaling, memorabilia and our own creativity all combined onto the page. Just as what I put in a scrapbook has changed, my reason for scrapbooking has also changed. Since my very first scrapbook, my main goal has been to have a way to hold on to moments of time that I want to remember. However, I now have so many more reasons that I scrapbook.
In 1997, started adding creative touches to my pages.

I have discovered that scrapbooking also:
1. Allows me to be creative but not feel guilty that I'm wasting time.
2. Has taught me the importance of making time for myself.
3. Has introduced me to some awesome friends.
4. Has branched into card making and other paper crafts.
5. Makes me happy.

I admit that I am the world's slowest scrapper. I used to get stressed about how far behind I was. I've learned to stop making this a job and enjoy it as a hobby (ok I still struggle with this).  I hope that if you are a scrapper you are enjoying it and if you are thinking about starting that you are doing it because you want a creative outlet and not because you feel obligated to do something with all the photos you have stored somewhere.

We spend a lot of time and money scrapbooking, take time to think about why you do it and share your reasons in the comments.  Also, keep coming back and you'll see more pages as I evolved as a scrapbooker mixed into my posts.

Talk to you again soon, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment