Monday, February 29, 2016

Taking The Plunge



In my post Mix It Up, I told you I'm ready to take the plunge into pocket page scrapping by making a hybrid album.  

This weekend I started. Here's what I discovered:
  1. I need a bigger variety of cards, some more colors, my limited color choices was the hardest part of the process.
  1. I prefer cards that have same design on both sides so I can choose horizontal or vertical as needed.
  1. Need to print smaller photos, mine are hard to crop because I do a lot of close ups.
  1. Cards work great as embellishments don't need a lot of other supplies so this is a good choice for cropping on the go or when I have just a few minutes to scrap.
  1. Discovered that the card sets fit into my Iris photo holder boxes which fit into my medium CTMH storage box. I transferred the label from the package right onto the photo box.
  1. In my storage box, I put photos, cards, CTMH Shimmer Trim, roller stamps and some ink pads (black and a few colors to match the cards), a corner rounder, journaling pen and a few embellishments. Perfect scrapping on the go kit.
  1. Have to have the page protectors as I scrap which is new experience for me.
  1. I rarely journal by hand but pocket pages seem to call for hand journaling.


CTMH's Medium Organizer
I enjoyed that the process was quick and it was easy to get 8 4x6 photos on a 2 page spread. However, I discovered several things I don't like about the pocket pages.  This may be enough to keep me from going forward with this plan.  I'll share my issue with pocket page scrapping on my next post on Wednesday and maybe those of you that already scrap this way can help me with my problem.  
CTMH Love Your Selfie in Iris Photo Box


Happy Crafting, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment